Sayre and I just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary on Sunday. On one hand, it's so hard to believe that an entire year has already passed since we exchanged vows, but on the other hand it feels like we've been together for a lifetime. The transition into married life, for us, just seemed so natural. At the risk of sounding cheesy or cliche, marriage has solidified the fact that we really and truly were made for each other. It's been so interesting to see just how alike we are in so many ways. I guess that's part of what has made things seem like a breeze for us.
When Sayre first moved in with me after we returned from our honeymoon, I have to admit I was a little nervous about living with him. Sure, we loved each other and got along perfectly, but you always hear stories about new couples learning about each others little quirks and I just wasn't quite sure how things would be for us. Fortunately, we seem to have all the same quirks ;) such as the way we hang the toilet paper roll, preferring a tidy house, the way we put away dishes, etc. The only main thing we differed in was placement of dishes in the dishwasher, but Sayre has since reformed to my ways ;)
Overall, I think it's safe to say that married life suits us well. We've experienced so many things together in the past year like our first Navy move, trips to Disney World, Aly & Pat's wedding (it's still hard to believe there were 2 Jeannet weddings in one year... wow!), and so many other fun adventures. On Sunday evening we went to the Melting Pot for our little anniversary dinner. It was delicious and, just like always (because we're both photo nerds), there are some pictures below :) So here's to many more years of laughter, joy, love, and photography!
Oh, I forgot to mention, as tradition goes we removed our wedding cake top from the freezer to eat it as a part of our anniversary celebration. It turns out that 1 year old wedding cake that's been sitting in the freezer wrapped in saran wrap really isn't all that great... it wasn't that bad, but it just wasn't good either. Oh well... at least we can say we tried it (albeit a very tiny bite) and then promptly threw the rest away.

No comments:
Post a Comment