Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring is here!

Can you believe it's already April!? Man oh man is time flying by! I'm certainly not complaining though! I'm absolutely loving the gorgeous spring weather that finally made its appearance yesterday after hiding behind some nasty rain clouds all week. I just hope spring time sticks around for awhile before the summer heat really settles in.

Life has been nice & busy as usual over the past few weeks. I've been crafting like crazy to get ready for a craft fair that I decided to participate in with my HeartAdrift shop at the end of April. I'm really excited about it! I've always looooved going craft fairs, but I never imagined I'd have a booth at one someday :) It should certainly be a fun experience! It's already been pretty fun throwing myself into my work and coming up with new items to make and sell. (Like those fun coffee coozies I made in the picture) This particular craft fair is a rather small one, but it'll be a great opportunity to get my feet wet and see what it's all about from a seller's perspective! Who knows were it will lead!

It's been really interesting to look back on the past 3 months and realize the personal growth I've gone through. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching someone else's life play out before my eyes. It's so strange. Do you ever feel that way? It's not necessarily a bad thing by any means - it's just a bit surreal. I guess I'm just growing up ;)

I've also met some personal goals recently that have made me pretty happy :) I finally shed some of those "newlywed" pounds that I put on after we got married haha so I'm definitely happy about that. I feel a lot better now and have a lot more energy. I'm even training for a 5k at the end of May! There's this great little "Couch to 5k" app on my iPhone that I've been using since the end of January and I'm currently running a little over 2 miles a day three to four times a week. I should be up to 3 miles in like a week and a half... yikes! ;) It's been great though!

Things I'm currently looking forward to this month: a new Bible study beginning, Disney World with mom & dad, some sort of secret plans my friends have in the works, and the craft fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment