The past 2 nights in a row I've had pretty bad insomnia and it's getting quite annoying! Sayre wakes up around 5:30am to get up & get ready for work. Although he's very quite and very sweet about trying not to wake me up, I usually wake up anyway. The problem is that although we're usually in bed by at least 9:30pm (yes, I know... we're already like an old married couple), last night I didn't fall asleep until sometime after 12:30am only to wake up again at 5:30am... not good! This happened a few times last week as well *sigh*.
The root of the problem didn't dawn on me until tonight. You see, we live dangerously close to Walmart. And by "dangerously close," I mean that it is about a 1 minute drive from our apartment. This Walmart has a McDonald's inside. For those of you who don't know, McDonald's is currently running a drink special where any size drink is only $1. Normally, I don't drink Coke or anything with caffeine in it; however, since this $1 drink special is going on Sayre and I have frequented the McDonalds a few times when making trips to Walmart. *Lightbulb moment* Yesterday afternoon and this afternoon we went there and I got a large Coke, which for me, probably contains enough caffeine to keep my mind ticking for days on end despite my poor body being exhausted. Moral of the story: No more $1 large Cokes for me!
I realize what a pointless post this is :) but it just passed a few minutes for me as I await the darn caffeine to wear off. The sad part is that I had the culprit beverage around 4pm... it's now 11pm... Yeah, I told you I don't drink caffeine all that often.
No comments:
Post a Comment