Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy October

Whew... this month has already been busy and we're only 7 days into it! This past Friday, Sayre's XO had a little luau at his house to honor the officers leaving the ship and to welcome aboard the new ones (such as Sayre). They asked for everyone to bring something, so I made a yummy fruit dip that Julina had made once for us in college and also a pina colada cake. The cake wasn't quite as pina colada-ish as I had hoped, but it still tasted like a very moist coconut cake so I was happy and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Next time I'll puree some more pineapple and add that to the batter.

Saturday evening we had the pleasure of watching the Navy vs. Airforce and LSU vs. Georgia games with Abby & Paul. We were so glad that Paul was in town & that they were both able to come & spend some time with us watching two awesome and action-packed games! Abby made some awesome Mexican dip to snack on and during half time Sayre cooked up some great steaks for us too! Overall it was a great weekend with great friends.

Right now I'm writing this blog live from my parents' computer room ;) Sayre let my dad borrow me for a few days to surprise my mom with a little visit. She's been missing me quite a lot lately (for some reason it didn't sink in for her until long after the wedding that I'm gone... before that I think she was too distracted by the wedding among other things). It's really nice to be back home spending some time with them, but I do also really miss my hubby. We've gotten very used to always being together now, and it's hard to be apart knowing that sometime in the future he'll be deployed for long periods of time, but I cooked up a few extra meals for him before I left to at least keep his tummy happy :) Before you know it, I'll be back over in Jacksonville (I return on Saturday actually) and then we'll be heading up to Alaska soon for Aly & Patt's wedding!! We can't wait!!

1 comment: