As the holidays are quickly approaching, I want to take a few moments to reflect upon how abundantly God has blessed us over these past few months and years. We are in good health, have incredibly supportive and loving families, and wonderful friends all around the world. We truly could not ask for more.
Being a new Navy wife, it's hard to ignore the sense of pride and admiration I have for all those serving our country and their families. Sayre and I are so blessed because it will be awhile before he has to deploy; however, there are so many others out there right now who will not be able to spend this holiday season with the ones they love. Since I have not yet experienced a deployment firsthand, I can only imagine how hard and painful it must be at times only relying upon those precious moments when contact is possible to get through those long months apart from one another. My prayer this Christmas is that those brave men and women out there who won't have the privilege of being home this year can come to realize how truly grateful we are to all of them for giving us the best present one could possibly give: the gift of freedom. May God always watch over this beautiful country and protect it from those who seek to break apart the basic morals, principals, and ideals that our great forefathers established it upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment