Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

Sayre and I had a wonderful time visiting my family in Louisiana for Thanksgiving. I wish that we could have stayed longer, but we'll be back very very soon for Christmas festivities! Although I really wanted to spend some time visiting with my friends while we were there, we just didn't have enough time to try to round up the troops this time around, so instead we spent those few days gobbling down some turkey with family and enjoying the great outdoors since the weather was so incredible.

On Thanksgiving day, we went to my cousin Elke's house. It was so nice to be able to actually sit down and chat with everyone. Last time we were in Louisiana, we were in the midst of Hurricane Wedding and our heads were spinning in too many different directions to be able to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the good company of family and friends. The food, of course, was scrumptious! Oooh I can't even begin to tell you how long I had been dreaming of turkey and stuffing before Thanksgiving finally arrived :) We were both gloriously full once the day was over!

Aside from stuffing our faces with food, we spent a lot of time fishing in the lake in my parents' backyard. Sayre's really been missing that lately, so he was happy to be able to cast a bit out there. Unfortunately, the only two fish that were caught the whole time were tiny little brim fish that my mom happened to reel in. Regardless, we still enjoyed ourselves relaxing by the water. Dad also took us out to a shooting range one day which was pretty fun. We shot his .22 shotgun as well as my grandfather's old handgun from WWII. Well, technically the boys shot the handgun... mom and I just stuck with the shotgun :) Handguns scare me. Anyway, overall, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment