Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weddings and Birthdays and Crawfish, oh my!

Last week I went back to Louisiana for a few days for my birthday while Sayre was on yet another underway. I know, I know... it was terrible for me not to mention that I was going to be there before, but I was in town for such a short amount of time that I decided just to lay low and spend some time with my parents. I had actually planned this trip before I got my new job after hearing that Wicked was playing in New Orleans. I'm so glad they let me take a few days off since I had already gotten my airline tickets as well as tickets to see the play. It was such a whirlwind trip, but I managed to get my hands on some crawfish, a delicious cookie cake, and see the azaleas all over town in full-bloom all before heading back to Jacksonville and then up to Georgia for Brandon & Ginny's wedding!
(See more pictures I took in Louisiana here.)

Their wedding day could not have been more perfect - clear blue skies, a crisp breeze, and a lovely crowd of friends and family to celebrate the happy occasion. Sadly, because Sayre's ship schedule changed, he had to miss the wedding. He was so heartbroken and felt so bad because he had to also relinquish his duties as best man, but I was glad that I was still able to go to witness Brandon & Ginny exchanging their vows. Fortunately, Paul and Abby generously offered to give me a ride to the wedding so I got to spend some time catching up with those two as well as a bunch of other great guys and gals from Sayre's Naval Academy days. It was so nice to see everyone again, but the weekend just went by too quickly! I guess we'll just have to try to make a trip over to Pensacola sometime soon because it seems as though quite a few people have ended up down there.
(See more pictures I took at their wedding here.)

Sayre returned home on Monday, but we still haven't had a chance to celebrate my birthday together. We've got a few ideas for some fun adventures to remedy that this weekend though :) I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment