I've also realized in the past two weeks how blessed I am to have so many other support systems looking out for me both near and far. This may sound canned or corny, but it truly does continue to amaze me how God seems to put people in your life who are exactly what you need. It's almost dumbfounding how they seem to swoop in and pick you up exactly when you need it the most without even realizing that even just a smile or sweet gesture can completely save your day when it seems to be falling down. It's pretty awesome and I'm a pretty lucky girl... just sayin'. :)
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Winter Jam
Since I last wrote, I have been pretty busy and this past week seemed to fly by (which is always a good thing). Last weekend the ladies of the wardroom got together for a little potluck dinner at the Captain's wife's house. It was really nice to see everyone and catch up a bit because it's been awhile since we've all gotten together. I'm realizing more & more each day just how lucky I am to be a part of an active and sincere wardroom. They're all very sweet women who have really been very supportive of each other.
I've also realized in the past two weeks how blessed I am to have so many other support systems looking out for me both near and far. This may sound canned or corny, but it truly does continue to amaze me how God seems to put people in your life who are exactly what you need. It's almost dumbfounding how they seem to swoop in and pick you up exactly when you need it the most without even realizing that even just a smile or sweet gesture can completely save your day when it seems to be falling down. It's pretty awesome and I'm a pretty lucky girl... just sayin'. :)
Anyway, Friday night I actually went to a concert called Winter Jam with one of my co-workers. It featured 10 Christian bands like Newsboys, David Crowder Band, Newsong, Kutless, Chris Sligh, etc. The tickets were only $10 and it was general admission seating, so we figured we'd be up in the arena since we headed over there after work, but we really didn't mind. We were, however, very wrong haha because somehow or another we ended up in the front row! It was so much fun!
Next up on the concert list: Reba McEntire & George Strait at the end of the month! Also, I just have to mention the fact that I got tickets this weekend to see New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys in Orlando this summer! It's gonna be awesoooome! I know... I know... It's not *NSYNC... but I'm pretty sure this is the closest I will ever get to an *NSYNC reunion lol so I'll take it! Plus, who am I kidding here? We all know that even if I refused to admit it in highschool because I was so loyal to my beloved *NSYNC, I was still totally a closet BSB fan :) Ooh if you could have seen Katharine and I as we waited for 10am to roll around on Saturday morning to buy our tickets. We were so nervous haha and then we we finally got them we squealed like we were 16 all over again! I absolutely cannot wait for that concert!
I've also realized in the past two weeks how blessed I am to have so many other support systems looking out for me both near and far. This may sound canned or corny, but it truly does continue to amaze me how God seems to put people in your life who are exactly what you need. It's almost dumbfounding how they seem to swoop in and pick you up exactly when you need it the most without even realizing that even just a smile or sweet gesture can completely save your day when it seems to be falling down. It's pretty awesome and I'm a pretty lucky girl... just sayin'. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment