Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Re-cap

It's taken me a little while to get around to writing about our Christmas vacation. I'm not really sure why... I haven't been particularly busy by any means, but I just haven't gotten around to blogging. Although I've been glued to the computer most of the day working away on my business site, I thought I'd take a little break from that to write up a re-cap of our adventures.

Sayre and I drove to Baton Rouge the Saturday before Christmas and spent 10 wonderful days there visiting with family and friends and relaxing. It really was nice just to get away from daily life in Jacksonville for a little while. We went ice skating in downtown Baton Rouge, saw a few movies (Avatar and The Chipmunks movie ;)), shopped, ate, visited with people, and ate some more. Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas.

Most of my extended family was in town, so on Christmas Eve we all got together just like we always have at NaNa's house, ate lots of delicious food, and played the present swap game. That evening we went to Church, and then Christmas morning we enjoyed a long lazy morning opening gifts and playing with all of our new gadgets and toys before eating a great meal once again. (I swear, every time I go home I feel like all I do is eat.)

It was so nice to have some time to reconnect with old friends while we were in town. Some I had seen just a few months prior, but others I hadn't seen in years. You know, we all have grown up quite a bit and experienced lots of things, but generally speaking, we're the same old girls we were back in high school and I'm so happy about that! I don't think I've laughed that hard in a very long time while just swapping stories both old and new!

As always, the end of our trip seemed to creep up on us and come too soon, but now we're settled back in Jacksonville and looking forward to what 2010 has to offer us. Since returning here, I've been focusing on launching my business. It's exciting but pretty nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Anyway, here's a link to some more pictures from Christmas week.

No comments:

Post a Comment