
Last night Sayre and I went to see Casting Crowns in concert at the Jacksonville Arena. I had seen them a few years ago in Baton Rouge, and once again they put on a great show! What I love about Christian concerts is that you get more than just a musical experience when you go... there's such a positive and uplifting message to all of the songs. It's not even about the fact that you're seeing a well-known artist perform, it's that the message their music brings is one that you don't find in secular music. Maybe I'm just getting old, but often times I find myself disgusted with some of the songs I hear on the radio. With Casting Crowns and other Christian artists like them, you leave their concert feeling empowered and refreshed. Now, don't get me wrong, I still enjoy catchy pop and rock tunes, but it's nice to balance out the dark messages the world gives us with the simple love and praise of God.
Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now ;) and heading out to Disney World tonight! Of course, a blog post will surely follow once we return!
No comments:
Post a Comment