Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Mousse Pie

My dear sweet husband has a mouth full of sweet teeth (ok... maybe we both do). One of his favorite holiday treats is pumpkin pie, so when I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Mousse Pie on the back of a graham cracker pie label I knew I had to try it! I'm personally not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, so I was hoping that this would be a creamier, lighter alternative. The results were fantastic! Needless to say, the two pies that this recipe yielded were gone in just a matter of days! (Fortunately for our waistline, each piece of pie has only 3.5 grams of fat & no sugar!)


Here's the Recipe from Keebler Ready Crust:
1 1/4 cups Fat-free Milk
1 pkg (4-serving size) Vanilla fat-free sugar free instant pudding
1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 cup Canned Pumpkin
2 tubs (8oz) Fat Free Cool Whip
2 Keebler Graham Cracker Reduced Fat Pie Crusts

Beat milk, pudding mix, & spice for 1 1/2 minutes then whisk in pumpkin.
Fold in Half a tub of whipped topping.
Spread into pie crusts.
(The original recipe claims to only make one pie, but it definitely left me with enough filling for 2, so unless you want an over-flowing pie, I suggest making 2 or cutting the recipe in half!)
Top with whipped topping.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. It's hard to serve this pie b/c it's very moist & gooey (& yummy!), so I also suggest maybe popping it in the freezer for a few minutes before cutting into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment