Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's too quiet around here now...

Yesterday afternoon I said my farewells to Sayre's mom & dad. They had been here visiting us for a little over a week and we had such a wonderful time with them! Although I started work on their first day here, I was fortunate enough to be able to just work for half-days while they were here so that I could play with them in the afternoon :) It was perfect! I think it's safe to say, that the unanimous vote for the favorite activity of the week was our Segway tour on the beach. If you know Sayre and I fairly well, then you know how much we love technology and the joys we get from playing around with techie geek toys. We were just so happy that they enjoyed riding on the Segways as much as we did!

When they left, Sayre also took off for just a few days on his ship for some training exercises (I think... I'm never entirely certain of just exactly what they do on that ship). Things around here are just too quiet now! Who wants to visit us next? :)

Being able to spend some time with our families as they have come to visit us these past few weeks has reminded me of how truly blessed we are to have such amazing people in our lives. We are constantly surrounded by the love and support they all share with us, whether they are near or far away. Looking back on the past few years, I'm still baffled by how God brought us together, but there's no question that He did. We're just so lucky that He equipped us with such wonderful families that continue to love us and support us as we continue on this new journey of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment