Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Sayre will be returning from his voyage on Saturday (yaaaaay!) only to leave again on Monday (boooo). While he's been gone, I've been so very thankful to have my new job to keep me busy... otherwise, who knows what kind of trouble I could have gotten myself into! I'd probably be buried up to my neck in completed crafts by now ;) Heck, even while working full time I've still managed to bake a bit more often than I usually do just to help the time pass by at night. Fortunately, rather than keeping the sweet confections for myself, I've shared them at work. Since tomorrow is St. Patrick's day, I made some chocolate cupcakes with green frosting tonight :) I have a sinking feeling that Sayre will be sad when he hears about all of this... poor thing... normally I try to put a limit on the number of sweets we have around the house (mostly because I will eat it all).

In addition to baking and working, I also kept myself busy this weekend playing around with some other lovely Navy wives whose husbands are also on Sayre's ship. On Saturday, I went to the Town Center here in Jacksonville with Jeanet and her sweet little baby girl Aliea. On Sunday, I met up with them again as well as another wife named Laura who has a precious 7 year old son. Y'all, he is seriously the sweetest and most well-mannered little boy I have ever met in my life! He's awesome! He would run to open the doors for us, was super-eager to push Aliea's stroller, and was so sweet & friendly. I told Laura she should write a book on parenting. Anyway, it was a great weekend. Hanging out with the girls certainly helped to pass the time. As sad as it sounds, by the end of the weekend, I was actually pretty tired. I guess I still need to get used to working full time again and having a social life.

No comments:

Post a Comment