
Tonight I tried another fun slow cooker recipe. I wasn't too sure how it was going to turn out, but I was thrilled with the results! The recipe called for you to coat some chicken breasts in a mixture of flower and seasoning and then brown it in a skillet before placing it in the slow cooker. Once in the cooker, you cover it with low fat cream of mushroom soup and stuffing and then allow it to cook on high for 3 hours. It sounded great, but I honestly thought it would turn to mush by the time it was done. Fortunately I was wrong! It was sooo good and sooo filling! The chicken was incredibly tender. I made some deviled eggs, a little fruit salad, and some green beans to go along with it.
In the meantime, I finally let Sayre bake us some dessert. He's notorious for having a mouth full

of sweet teeth (ok... I admit it... so do I), so he's always trying to sneak into the pantry to bake a cake or two, but usually I cut him off and stop him lol. We've been eating way too many sweets lately... we don't need one every single night! Anyway, I finally let him make something tonight. We have a ton of chocolate cake mixes, but no brownie mixes, which is of course what he wanted. Instead he decided to improvise... He looked up "cake mix brownies" online and the results were fantastic! Seriously, from now on, when we want brownies, I think this is the way to go. The brownies are now like the perfect balance between cakieness and brownieness! Mmmm perfectly moist and chocolately! Instead of following the instructions on the cake box, you just add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of oil. The dough is very thick, so you then spread it yourself in a pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350. Needless to say, we are very well fed tonight. Now it's time to watch the season premier of Bones!
No comments:
Post a Comment