Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

This morning I woke up to some wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. When I walked into the living room I found Sayre whipping up a yummy breakfast for us consisting of blueberry waffles and biscuits! What a pleasant way to start Saturday morning! After we ate, I looked outside our window and saw a bunch of cute little ducks swimming around in the lake, so we grabbed some bread and went outside to feed them. A curious egret was nearby and decided to get closer to see what I was giving the ducks. He seemed to have no interest in the bread, but I was surprised that he got so close.

Anyway, this afternoon we headed out to the park on Fort George Island to ride some segways! Yes, that's right... we went on ANOTHER Segway tour! This one was a bit different than the one we did in Annapolis because this time we went off-roading :) Bigger wheels, more power, and more precise turning. Honestly, there wasn't quite as much to see on this tour as the one in Annapolis because basically we just went riding down this nature trail through the woods in the park, but it gave us a chance to play on the Segways some more. The "grand stopping point" was just a view that looked out over the marsh... It was pretty & all, but not great. The best part was just riding along the trail :) Ok... so we're big nerds, but we're quite happy with that. Overall, it was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment