
So far, some favorites have been: honey bar-b-que ribs (cooked in the slow-cooker) with macaroni and green beans, chicken enchiladas with mexican corn, good old hamburgers, baked bar-b-que chicken, and jambalaya just to name a few. Tonight I decided to try an intriguing dessert recipe that I found on blog called picky-plate.com. They're chocolate chip cookie pies :) and they were goooooood! Basically you just put cookie dough in the middle of little mini pie crusts. She specifically said not to over-stuff the pie crusts because they will ooze out as they bake, but I didn't think that the amount of cookie dough I
put in was too much. Apparently I was wrong! As they baked, they started taking on a life of their own and oozed out a bit... it was pretty funny actually lol. BUT once I took them out and put some powdered sugar on them, they looked pretty good... amost like a little cookie dough benigt. Yum!! Don't worry... Sayre and I didn't eat them all in one sitting... Ok, so we each had 2, but at least we didn't eat the whole plate of them! Anyway, this recipe is highly recommended :) And it's pretty easy to make... especially if you buy pre-made pie crust & the mini break & bake cookie dough from Tollhouse.
And yummy they are! I've got to be the luckiest guy alive :)
ReplyDelete