Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crocheting

Sometimes I swear I'm really a 70 year old woman trapped inside a 23 year old body. Case in point: this week, among other things, I decided that I wanted to teach myself how to crochet. Never before have I ever had so much appreciation for yarn crafts. It takes so much patience! My poor little fingertips are aching, but yet I haven't even completed one full project. After teaching myself some of the basic stitches, I started making a scarf. I disillusioned myself by thinking I could complete that in a day... it's been 2 days now and I only have a few inches of it complete. What I really wanted to do was start making cute little animals :) so I put the scarf on hold for now, got some new yarn, and started making a little white bunny. Again, I was hoping to finish it in a day, but my fingers aren't having it. What's pictured is what I've completed so far. It doesn't look like much right now, but mark my words, it will be a bunny! (someday at least ;))

On a completely random note, we've now officially been in Jacksonville for one month! It's hard to believe that it's only been just one month... it feels like we've been here forever! It probably feels that way though because we've done oh-so-very-much during that short amount of time. Oh, and apparently all the cook kids around here call this place "Jax." Random fun facts about "Jax": it is the largest city in the U.S. (as far as land-mass goes) with a total of 874.3 square miles and it is only 25 miles away from the Georgia state line.

No comments:

Post a Comment